Welcome to Åland Swimrun 2021!
10-11.9.2021 it´s time for the 6th edition of Åland Swimrun, this year with 5 distances to choose from:
- Tough Enough that is a real challenge of 50 km in the tough, outer Åland archipelago.
- Beautiful Enough that is about 15km in slightly lighter terrain but still nothing for the beginner!
- Short Enough that is approx 8.5km where the swimming takes place on quieter water than the 15km distance and is simply a little shorter, easier and more beginner friendly than Beautiful Enough.
- Quick Enough is the short (3.5km) and beginner-friendly route suitable for those who wants to try swimrun, for younger participants (no lower age limit) or as a family-distance.
Quick Enough is also suitable as a warm up race for those participating in any of Saturday’s distances.
- And thereto we have this year’s new Long Enough that is 35km and is something between the 50km- and 15 km distances, both in terms of length and challenge!
Regardless of the length and difficulty of the distances the Åland Swimrun – participants are promised a race that is Unique Enough for everyone – both for the experienced athlete but also for the curious exerciser.
With an archipelago consisting of 6757 islands and a water area of 11990 square kilometers the conditions are the best for arranging a unique swimrun- event. We ensure our participants an experience that will not soon be forgotten! Nature in these areas of the archipelago alternates from isles with forests, barren and windswept skerries and granite outcrops polished smooth by the mighty and roaring sea. With the longer routes partly going along the west side of the outer islands towards the open sea and with Sweden as the next neighbor the race will be a tough challenge – how tough it will be depends on the weather.